There was recently a local documentary on the subject. The similarities to & differences from chimpanzees was mentioned. Some locals then took the viewpoint that it was racist, implying that they were descended from monkeys. Talk about a persecution complex. The way the world is going, perhaps we're all monkeys.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Bob W-PDML
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2015 1:29 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO - The Protestor

I've seen a number of articles and possibly a documentary about the cave, but I'll have a look at that one.

On 26 Nov 2015, at 17:50, Paul <pentax1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Here's the most (or one of the most) recent discoveries of another branch or our human family tree. Named homo naledi, the fossils were discovered in 2013 some 100 feet underground in a chamber with very difficult access. Among the interesting elements, besides the location, are the existence of complete skeletons and that they appear to have been placed there as part of a death ritual, suggesting the development of a culture.

http://onwisconsin.uwalumni.com/features/chamberof-discovery/

Nova, broadcast on PBS here in the US, has a documentary on the discovery and retrieving a small portion of the thousands of bones. It's a couple hours long, but an interesting watch...

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365559270/

-p