My previous renter in our small house next door had a big diesel pickup truck
(Dodge Ram maybe) used in his landscaping work. He always plugged his block
heater in, never seemed to have a problem starting even with 0°F temperatures.
On the other hand, the extension cord was a messy eyesore that I admonished him
about a few times.

stan