       From: "Deely, John N." <jnde...@stthom.edu>
 To: Edwina Taborsky <tabor...@primus.ca>; Gary Fuhrman <g...@gnusystems.ca>;
"biosemiot...@lists.ut.ee" <biosemiot...@lists.ut.ee>; 'Peirce-L'
<PEIRCE-L@list.iupui.edu>
 Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:59 PM
 Subject: RE: [PEIRCE-L] Re: [biosemiotics:7750] Re: Peirce categories

 <!--#yiv4664051953 _filtered #yiv4664051953 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15
5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv4664051953 {font-family:Tahoma;panose-1:2 11 6
4 3 5 4 4 2 4;} _filtered #yiv4664051953 {font-family:"Trebuchet MS";panose-1:2
11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}#yiv4664051953 #yiv4664051953 p.yiv4664051953MsoNormal,
#yiv4664051953 li.yiv4664051953MsoNormal, #yiv4664051953
div.yiv4664051953MsoNormal
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New
Roman", "serif";}#yiv4664051953 a:link, #yiv4664051953
span.yiv4664051953MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv4664051953 a:visited, #yiv4664051953
span.yiv4664051953MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv4664051953 p
{margin-right:0in;margin-left:0in;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New
Roman", "serif";}#yiv4664051953 p.yiv4664051953MsoAcetate, #yiv4664051953
li.yiv4664051953MsoAcetate, #yiv4664051953 div.yiv4664051953MsoAcetate
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",
"sans-serif";}#yiv4664051953 span.yiv4664051953BalloonTextChar
{font-family:"Tahoma", "sans-serif";}#yiv4664051953 span.yiv4664051953hoenzb
{}#yiv4664051953 span.yiv4664051953EmailStyle20 {font-family:"Trebuchet MS",
"sans-serif";color:black;}#yiv4664051953 span.yiv4664051953EmailStyle22
{font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";color:#1F497D;}#yiv4664051953
.yiv4664051953MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv4664051953
{margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}#yiv4664051953 div.yiv4664051953WordSection1
{}-->Ah well, Edwina, “interaction” is not relation, but what relationresults
from. Thus the relation continues to exist as an offspring of the interaction
when the interaction is over and done with.    And of course the “parts” of a
“semiosic sign” can sometimes exist independently of the (one) triadic relation
under which they (those “parts” or “members”) were, depending upon their
position under the triadic relation, sign-vehicle (the foreground term or
element), significate (the ‘object signified’), or interpretant.       From:
Edwina Taborsky [mailto:tabor...@primus.ca]