Jeff, List:

This is another post that I need to digest carefully.  I have already been
getting better acquainted with the Existential Graphs in recent days, so
that should help.  One immediate question is what connection (if any) there
is between "universes of discourse" and "universes of experience"; Peirce
only refers to the latter in "A Neglected Argument."  And again, he never
once mentions "categories" in that article, so I have a hard time drawing
any conclusions about those from it.