Clark:

CG:  They don’t have 8 up on their web page for purchase yet.

Which web page?  It was published way back in 2009, and may be purchased
directly from IUP at http://www.iupress.indiana.
edu/product_info.php?products_id=207993.  It is also on Amazon at
https://www.amazon.com/Writings-Charles-Peirce-Chronological-1890-1892/dp/
0253372089/.

CG:  What I’d most be interested in would be an electronic version.

All seven published volumes are also available as individual eBooks; e.g.,
for Kindle from Amazon.

CG:  I suspect that funding and people contributing is the big problem.

Yes, and the fact that they have had to spend a lot of time and effort
developing new technology for the whole process, which is intended for
wider application.

CG:  Although critical texts take a long time even in the best situations.

I am so glad that they produced EP when and how they did.  Part of me
wishes that they had published all of the Writings in that fashion, given
how much longer that project is taking than anyone anticipated.