Clark - thanks for your comments - and they are indeed very valid.
What I'd like to see, in discussions on the Peirce list, is an
expansion of his work from the focus on human cognition - to the
physico-chemical and biological realms. Peirce himself used his
semiosis in those realms but it doesn't get discussed on this list,
which seems to be 95% made up of those focused strictly on philosophy
and philosophers - and human cognition.

        So- given the make-up of the posters on this list and their interest
[in philosophy] then, I don't see the point of bringing up the
non-philosophical focus of Peirce's work.

 This message is virus free, protected by Primus - Canada's
 largest alternative telecommunications provider.
 http://www.primus.ca
 On Thu 30/03/17  5:04 PM , CLARK GOBLE cl...@lextek.com sent: