Dear list:

“the fact that A presents B with gift C...”

“I cannot forget that there are the germs of the *theory of the categories*
which is (if anything is) the gift I make to the world. That is my child.
In it I shall live when oblivion has me — my body”

The surprising fact, *C*, is observed;
But if *A* were true, *C* would be a matter of course,
Hence, there is reason to suspect that *A* is true.  (CP 5.189)

_______

Three dyads:

C is B

A is C

B is A;  (middle term C)

Converting and then ordering gives:

middle term *A* (Rule/Result/Case- C B *A*) or,

middle term *B* (Result/Rule/Case- C A *B*)

So, choose:

C A *B* or C B *A *

(triadic relations = three dyads).

Hth,