John:

In For a six-page review of these issues with references,
> see http://jfsowa.com/pubs/5qelogic.pdf <http://jfsowa.com/pubs/5qelogic.pdf>
> .

You wrote:
Peirce considered three universes: actualities, possibilities, and the
necessitated. He subdivided each universe in four ways to define 12 modes. In
the universe of possibilities, for example, he distinguished objective
possibility (an alethic mode), subjective possibility (epistemic), social
possibility (deontic), and an interrogative mode, which corresponds to
scientific inquiry by hypothesis and experiment. For the necessitated, he
called the four subdivisions the rationally necessitated, the compelled, the
commanded, and the determined. Most of his writings on these topics were
unpublished, and he changed his terminology from one manuscript to the next.
Peirce admitted that a complete analysis and classification would be “a labor
for generations of analysts, not for one” (MS 478:165).

It provides the subdivisions of two of the three universes.
Can you provide the names of the four subdivisions of the universe of
actualities?

Thank you

Happy New Year to All!

Cheers