Stephen, here’s a Peirce quote that illustrates the point Peter is making:

[[ A psychologist cuts out a lobe of my brain (nihil animale me alienum puto)
and then, when I find I cannot express myself, he says, “You see your faculty
of language was localized in that lobe.” No doubt it was; and so, if he had
filched my inkstand, I should not have been able to continue my discussion
until I had got another. Yea, the very thoughts would not come to me. So my
faculty of discussion is equally localized in my inkstand. It is localization
in a sense in which a thing may be in two places at once. On the theory that
the distinction between psychical and physical phenomena is the distinction
between final and efficient causation, it is plain enough that the inkstand and
the brain-lobe have the same general relation to the functions of the mind. ]
CP 7.366, 1902]

What I referred to as his “anti-psychologism” is his frequent insistence that
the science of logic has nothing to learn from the science of psychology (which
was generally understood at the time to be about how human minds work (although
it did include some experiments on other animals). Frederik Stjernfelt takes a
close look at the anti-psychologism of Peirce and other logicians in his book
Natural Propositions.

Gary f.