Orin, List:

OH:  For all three words above he revamped the entries and in all cases
scaled back the theist assertions made in each.

It seems like the other way around to me, at least for "deist."

OH:  The *Imperial *definition of *deist *has the phrase "one who professes
no form of religion, but follows the light of nature and reason as his only
guides in doctrine and practice; a freethinker."

CSP:  1. One who believes in the existence of a personal God, but in few or
none of the more special doctrines of the Christian religion; one who holds
to some of the more general propositions of the Christian faith concerning
the Deity, but denies revelation and the authority of the church.

2. One who holds the opinion that there is a God, but no divine providence
governing the affairs of men; one who holds that God is not only distinct
from the world, but also separated from it.

The *Imperial Dictionary *definition apparently makes no mention of God at
all, while Peirce's two definitions in the *Century Dictionary* use that
word three times and Deity once.  How is that "scaling back the theist
assertions"?  What bearing do you see this as having on recent List
discussions?