Robert, List:

That passage is from R 1345, dated c. 1896, and thus was written several
years prior to Peirce's much more comprehensive classification of 1903.  It
seems to me that empirics became phenomenology, which identifies three
irreducible elements of the phaneron (quality/reaction/mediation)
corresponding to the mathematical forms of valency
(monadic/dyadic/triadic); and pragmatics became the normative science of
ethics, with aesthetics inserted between them to discern that which is
admirable in itself as a necessary precursor to ascertaining what
constitutes admirable conduct.