Robert, List:

I agree with that famous quote from Peirce, and it does not refute what I
said before.

For one thing, only certain signs are "elements of concepts" that "enter
into logical thought" by being perceived and thereby determining dynamical
interpretants that are *logical *interpretants (further signs).  There are
other signs whose dynamical interpretants are instead *energetic *interpretants
(exertions) or merely *emotional *interpretants (feelings).

Moreover, my point continues to be that it is not necessary for something
to be *actually *perceived in order to qualify as a sign.  It is sufficient
that (1) it *may *determine a dynamical interpretant under various
circumstances by virtue of having an *immediate *interpretant, and (2)
it *would
*determine a dynamical interpretant under ideal circumstances by virtue of
having a *final *interpretant.