John,

I was thinking in terms of goals, i.e. what is the object you try to
understand, not credentials. I can connect Jon's answer to my question with his
line of reasoning and I did like that. Their might be differences in the goals
and then it is always better to asses and value the differences, instead of
fighting about who is right.

Best,

Auke