Fra: John Sowa <s...@bestweb.net>
Svar til: John Sowa <s...@bestweb.net>
Dato: søndag den 31. januar 2021 kl. 04.46
Til: Robert Marty <robertmarty...@gmail.com>
Cc: Auke van Breemen <a.bree...@upcmail.nl>, Cornelis de Waal
<cdw...@iupui.edu>, Gary Richmond <gary.richm...@gmail.com>, Jon Alan Schmidt
<jonalanschm...@gmail.com>, Peirce List <peirce-l@list.iupui.edu>,
"ahti-veikko.pietari...@taltech.ee" <ahti-veikko.pietari...@taltech.ee>,
"francesco.belluc...@unibo.it" <francesco.belluc...@unibo.it>,
"martin.irv...@georgetown.edu" <martin.irv...@georgetown.edu>
Emne: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Existential Graphs in 1911

Robert,

Thanks for finding that quotation:

> Thought is a thread of melody running through the succession of our
> sensations” (CP 5.395)

Now that you mention it, I recall reading that some time ago.  It must have
been lurking somewhere in my mind, but well beneath the conscious level.

In any case, it's very appropriate.  The connection to sensations emphasizes
the relation to Bill's term "embodied experience".

It is also related to my point that the total context is more important than
particular words. That doesn't mean that words are irrelevant, but they can be
highly misleading when taken out of context.