List

I agree with Mike. Thirdness, in my view, does not imply or require
intentionality. That, after all, suggests some kind of consciousness - and I
think we find Thirdness in chemical and physical matter - and these forms of
matter do not include consciousness.

I have a problem with the quote of “Continuity presents 3ns almost to
perfection’ 1.337. I think that the rules of Thirdness CAN and must be, for a
certain period of time, ‘continuous and stable.After all- we cannot live iin a
world where a cat suddenly transforms into a dog.  BUT, since thirdness also
includes 2ns and 1ns, then, it contains within itself, the ability to interact
with other units of matter - as well as chance - and thus, has the capacity to
accept more data and thus, change these ‘continuous rules’ and so, adapt and
evolve.

Again - I consider that Peircean ‘continuity’ is not 3ns but is the continuous
morphological semiosis formation of energy-into-matter - which is ongoing [ or
else, as has been pointed out, entropy sneaks in]….

Edwina