Jonathan Rockway wrote:
On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 17:42 +0100, David Landgren wrote:
Let's not kill the free software movement by deleting anything that
anyone with a lawyer requests to be deleted.

I don't think it's anything so serious. It's more like "you played, you lost". The web site owners have to show that they care about protecting their information, which might supported by a click-through ad banner revenue stream or something like that.

I am well aware of the futility of the quest, what with Goggle's cache in the short term, and things like the Internet Archive and the Wayback machine in the long term. Nevertheless we have to appear to respond actively to something like this.

David

PS: I kept a copy of Time::Cubic if you're interested :)