Hi,

I've just committed a change to the typemap. It now uses one hash lookup, rather than two, and as a result is faster. As this typemap is used for almost all objects and method calls, there might be some gains for some calls (depending on what the method actually does). The benchmark below is for a dummy method that doesn't do anything:

Benchmark: timing 1000000 iterations of NewTypeMap, OldTypeMap...
NewTypeMap: 29 wallclock secs (29.64 usr + 0.06 sys = 29.70 CPU) @ 33666.63/s ( n=1000000) OldTypeMap: 38 wallclock secs (38.22 usr + 0.02 sys = 38.23 CPU) @ 26154.05/s (n=1000000)

I've tested this change under mingw and vc, and it seems to work fine. If there are any issues, drop me a mail.

Cheers,

jez.