Jeremy White wrote:

Just tested under ming, and I had the following errors:

NotifyIcon.xs: In function `void XS_Win32__GUI__NotifyIcon__Add(PerlInterpreter*
, CV*)':
NotifyIcon.xs:27: error: `NOTIFYICONDATA_V1_SIZE' undeclared (first use this function)

Thanks - I just committed an addition to GUI.h to rectify this. Builds and test fine under MinGW for me now.

I changed:

nid.cbSize = NOTIFYICONDATA_V1_SIZE;

to:

nid.cbSize = sizeof(NOTIFYICONDATA);

and it compiled - I'm not sure what the implications would be of this change?

It'd probably break if you run it on a system with shell.dll version less than 5, as that shell.dll is expecting cbSize to be NOTIFY_ICONDATA_V1_SIZE (88 bytes), whereas we are compiling with macros defined such that sizeof(NOTIFYICONDATA) is 488 bytes.

What this code does is set cbSize to the smallest possible (all shell.dll versions should honour this), and then in GUI_Options.cpp I set it bigger if the shell.dll version allows it.

The tests all pass, and your example works fine (nice example BTW!).

Thanks.

Rob.