At 8:54 AM -0500 1/21/03, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 08:41:47AM +0000, Simon Wistow wrote:
 Speaking of games, it would be interesting to see Parrot be used in that
 direction. A lot of games currently are pretty much developed along the
 lines of 'custom scripting language interfaced to custom game engine'
One of the reasons I'm interested in Parrot -- I'm hoping that it's
going to have some secure execution facilities built-in from the
ground up (to facilitate user-code on virtual world servers) :-)
Yep. I've not spec'd them out as I've been trying to deal with other things, but secure execution is something I've been thinking of since the beginning. Perl 5's model has some rather significant flaws, as does Java's sandboxing, albeit fewer of them.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk