On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:17:36AM -0800, Damian Conway wrote:
> Err....no. That's rather the whole point of C<but> properties [*].

> [*] People, we just *have* to find better names for these things!
>     I'd suggest we henceforth call them "value" properties (for C<but>)
>     and "referent" properties (for C<is>).

Over on [EMAIL PROTECTED] there seemed to be confusion about attributes
and properties, given that some languages use one where we use the other.
I had a dig in a thesaurus, I suggested that "chattels" and "virtues"
were interesting words that unambiguously describe respectively extra data
you've attached to a thing, and an extra qualities you've given it.
But that's still only one (controversial) word for properties, and we need two.
And I don't really like "chattels", whereas"virtues" sits nicely with "bless".

I got one private reply, and summarised. But nothing further. Warnock's
Dilemma?

(Message ID [EMAIL PROTECTED] if that helps - I don't
have an archive link).

Nicholas Clark