> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:24:23 -0800
> From: Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Dave Whipp suggested:
>
> > The size constraints are probably C<but> properties, as is C<locked>. The
> > exception behavior probably deserves to remain an C<is> property.
>
> Nope. They're all C<is> properties. C<but> properties only apply to *values*.
> Variable such as Arrays always take C<is> properties.

I'm getting flashbacks of the whole ser/estar discrepancy from my
spanish years.

So, as a clarification, can (almost) any property act as both a
referent and a value property?  That is, in:

    my @foo is bar;
    my $baz = [] but bar;

@foo and @$foo are equivalent in all but a few cases?  So that C<but>
is just a designator of where to put the property, not where the
property is seen.

Um, I think I could have been clearer in that question, but people get
my gist, I hope.

Luke