--- Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 07:46:43AM -0800, Austin Hastings wrote:
> > Obviously, values are pure and therefrom spring "virtues," while
> > objects are but vile clay -- fallible constructs of a sinful man,
> > pathetically trying to recreate an envisioned ideal. Ergo, they
> have
> > naught but "vices."
> >
> > Can I get an "Amen," brothers and sisters?
>
> I'm not sure. I thought about vices, but I can remember that Larry
> doesn't
> like the idea of a "curse" function to un-bless things, so I suspect
> that "vices" aren't going to see much favour. "flaws", maybe. There's
> always scope for redeeming your flaws. :-)
>
> Nicholas Clark

Of course not. The opposite of bless in this case would be
"excommunicate."

Can we replace croak and carp with "damn" and "darn"?

Can I say:

 CATCH {
   when mortal { ... }
   when venal  { ... }
 }

I think that having "begone" and "exorcise" as keywords would probably
rock. Plus, we could write "Perl Catechism"(*). How cool would that be?

(I'm going to "heck" for this, I'm sure. :-) :-) :-)

=Austin

(*) That title is MINE.