On 9/6/04 12:21 PM, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>> I think packaging has the same characteristics.  But unlike CPAN, packaging
>> does require some minimum amount of core support to meet what I consider to
>> be the minimum standard of elegance.
>
> I think that this is true. I'm not sure what the minimal list is, and I
> suspect that really it's more a parrot issue than a perl 6 syntax issue.

Hm, well, features of the perl6 executable itself aren't really fodder for
the parrot lists (are they?)...although I forget where they've been
discussed in the past.  Anyway, the long-suffering internals guys are still
hashing out whether or not to have a STRING type or use PMCs for that, yada
yada, so I think this is an issue to save for a bit later on... :)

-John