On 21/10/16 04:00, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
Denis Kudriashov wrote
I look at code and it seems you implemented another one new text model?
Why
you not use TxText?

Argh. I know it's bad form to complain about gifts, but at the rate we
reinvent the wheel, I often fear that I will be retired from programming
before we have a sane text model :/

There seem to be different ideas about what a sane text model is. I'm only interested in a high-quality text editing model, extendable to support hyphenation, kerning, line-breaking, multiple-column page layout, tables, foot- and endnotes, styling on more than a character span basis. In particular I will not use a model that is only suitable for line-based editing. That is a dead-end. It is fine to have only trivial implementations of those at first, but the abstractions need to be there.

Stephan