> > but at the rate we
> > reinvent the wheel, I often fear that I will be retired from programming
> > before we have a sane text model :/
>
> I would kindly ask for patience. What is perhaps less clear is that this
> editor is in the critical path of the GT project and we are committed to
> deliver an editor that actually works. We are still investigating different
> paths, both on the low level (like with Rope) and at the higher level (like
> how to organize the layout).

I am not against to any new implementation of existing stuff. It is always
interesting how things could be done different and especially if it
provides better solution.
But I really fear that new text experiments will dramatically delay releaze
of Bloc and Sparta and following migration to new UI. And this is real
importance for Pharo future, and not possible moldable editor.
Text editors are very complex domain. It takes more than year to get
working TxText and Twisty. Why not finish Bloc and Sparta with minimal
effort on adopting TxText or Twisty to run on them?