> On Oct 21, 2016, at 4:00 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
> Denis Kudriashov wrote
>> I look at code and it seems you implemented another one new text model?
>> Why
>> you not use TxText?
>
> Argh. I know it's bad form to complain about gifts,

A bit :).

> but at the rate we
> reinvent the wheel, I often fear that I will be retired from programming
> before we have a sane text model :/

I would kindly ask for patience. What is perhaps less clear is that this editor
is in the critical path of the GT project and we are committed to deliver an
editor that actually works. We are still investigating different paths, both on
the low level (like with Rope) and at the higher level (like how to organize
the layout).

Alex will follow up with a more technical comparison between the current
approach and the one from TxText.

Doru