> I sent a mail to the doc...@lists.php.net, no reply yet.
> As you can see, the hungarian translation is pretty abadoned:
> http://news.php.net/php.doc.hu
>
> So I'm afraid that maybe my svn request won't be approved or granted karma
> without an active hungarian translation group member.
> Could this be a problem, or I should simply wait some more?

The main reason to write mailing lists of inactive languages is to see if
anyone is sleeping, as sometimes people wake up and decide to help out. Who
knows, your email to doc-hu@ still has time!

Having an active group member present is nice but certainly not required,
especially for inactive languages. But the standard procedure before receiving
an account (and associated karma (commit rights)) is to do some work first.
Please have a look here:

 - http://wiki.php.net/doc/howto/gettingstarted

Basically it means you do some translating, show us, and then you join in on
the fun. See if the above helps and please feel free to ask questions.

Also, let's keep this only on the doc list starting *click* now.

Regards,
Philip