On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 4:16 PM, R P Herrold <herr...@owlriver.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2010, keith smith wrote:
>
>> Maybe..... What if we were to go into deflation?  Wouldn't that help?
>>

>  herrold, earlier:
>>
>> This looks like wishful thinking. The outsourcing/offshoring
>> genie is out of the bottle, and nothing is going to put it back
>>

> Deflation relative to what?  Gold? The CHF? The JPY? The EUR? Why should a
> loss in purchasing power of a unit amount of one currency affect
> non-lockstep linked currencies at all? Bretton Woods ended those days
>
> Prediction of the path financial markets will take appear to be a multi
> factor, non-linear problem, with path dependencies.
>
> Anyone saying they _know_ otherwise should be encouraged to play against
> you in a markets simulation where you run a true random strategy.  If they
> can consistently articulate a durable strategy that produces above market
> gains, follow it
>
> What if AZ were the first mover in a economic game where it restricted
> non-documented guest workers and TX and FL followed suit, but NM and CA did
> not.  Where will budget and employment crises continue longer?

  I think thats why they made the media $h!tstorm.  It poses a huge threat
to them, because the fact is, removing illegals is going to be highly
beneficial to our local economy.  It's much better to be employing tax
paying American citizens.  Add to that the related problems of crime, drugs,
etc. its a clear win for Arizona.  They don't want a domino effect
happening.  It's utterly ridiculous to be paying out so much in
unemployment while also paying social service subsidies to non-Americans who
work the jobs the unemployed would have.  Gov. Arnold's solution to the
problem: cut all welfare.  If I were a non-billionaire legal Californian, I
would be utterly furious.  California is quickly degrading, hopefully if we
keep doing what we've been doing for the past month or so, we'll be ok.
 Actually, we'll be a very desirable place to live (this means your house is
worth more).

  -jmz