I had to call Comcast once about a connection problem.  They started with
the script, I interrupted and said I was a Senior Systems Programmer at
Intel Corporation, please just tell me what you want me to test and I will
do that.  The response was great, "thank goodness, someone intelligent,
lets start with a trace route."