On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 7:03 PM Brandon Gillespie <bran...@cold.org> wrote:

> Ubiquity FTW, for sure.
>
> I visited with them in their new facility down in Draper, it's pretty
> cool.  And now a bit of a utah company, so support the locals!
>
> I u sed to mess around with all sorts of wifi gear, local routing, etc.
> Then I switched to the AmpliFi Hd (https://amzn.to/31ypKHV) and I'm a
> super fan now.  It just works, and you don't have to jack around with
> stuff.  Get back a little of your life :)
>
> Now all I have is a utopia network gateway, a server w/pfSense (under
> ESXi) and an AmpliFi HD device.

Here is another vote for Ubiquity. I do not own any personally, but we use
them at work and they are pretty solid. I have been looking at them for a
while in preparation for my next home network upgrade.

I have also been looking at their security cameras. I like the in house
network video recording option. I have a Nest right now, but to get the
full power out of it take a subscription. Also just found the WyzeCam for
$20!!! Anyway, that is a side topic.