Freddy wrote:
> Hi,
> I was about to give this another try since it seems amazing. But I have
> a really hard time to follow the README/HOWTO from start -> finish.

Great, please give it a go. Sorry you're finding it difficult - it is
definitely a complex setup. I've been adding to the docs more and more,
but sometimes think the extra detail is making it -more- complicated.

Definitely the fact there are entirely different networking modes does -
but I had to do that as I've personally switched to 4G internet, and the
existing setup didn't work. -Necessity is the mother of all invention-,
etc

Is there anything in particular?

> I would like to use alexa-squeeze with the MQTT transporter.

That's great. I don't know of anyone else who's tried it yet so please
do, and file issues (or PRs if that's your thing) if there are any
missing sections, or you learned anything.

> Is it worth waiting for 2.0? Will that one be easier to setup?

Not really -- 2.0 is practically what's in master right now. I've just
not got round to the release work, I'll try and do that soon.

But I've been thinking around (more) automation to set this stuff up.
The thing is automation tooling (aws cli, scripts etc) are generally
suited to going through a process many times, which makes the -extra-
setup worth it. But here I suspect most people just want to set it up
once and leave it.

But I'm happy to hear to any ideas here... The self-diagnostics are
quite good on the SSL side, some stuff like this for MQTT would be cool
I guess.

> EDIT; if I want to create an  IAM user just for this, which access
> groups should I apply

I don't use a user, just a role. But so long as the Lambda user has the
right permissions (in addition to the normal Alexa / Lambda ones e.g.
AWSLambdaBasicExecutionRole) it should be fine AIUI. Have a look here:
https://github.com/declension/squeeze-alexa/blob/master/docs/example-config/iot-iam-policy.json

mqtt-squeeze doesn't need any IAMs, as it connects (currently at least)
with TLS cert-based authentication, though I did create an IOT thing to
model the server itself (don't think this was necessary, just part of
the exploratory phase... I think...)

HTH
Nick (aka declension)