rgdawson wrote:
> So I am working on this...
> Step 1:  I set up a R-Pi with Home Assistant according to the online
> instructions, including installing the Configurator plugin.
> Step 2:   Modify and merge HomeAssistant config files.  I got to the
> part that says:
>
> - **_shell_** sub-directory:
> - For the files:  qry_alb.sh, qry_alb_song.sh the following
> modifications are required:
> - Replace `localhost 9090` with `your path to LMS CLI interface &
> Port#`
> - Update
> `https://HA_Link.duckdns.org/api/states/sensor.art_ID?api_password=HA_API_Password`
> with you're `HA_Link` (accessible from the internet) and you're
> `HA_API_Password`
>

> Question 1: By "your path to LMS CLI interface & port#", do you mean the
> host name of my LMS server, as in MYSERVER 9090? or do you mean
> http://myserver 9000?
> Question 2: What is HA_Link and HA_API_Password? I apologize if this
> should be obvious, this is my first experience with Home Assistant.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>

> R Greg Dawson

Hi,

1. Yes the hostname (or the ip address) of your server and the CLI port
number which unless you changed something should be 9090.

2a. For the system to work it needs to be reachable from the internet.
Most HASSIO users use a free service called duckdns.org to keep track of
their ip and route the internet requests to the hassio service.  So
first you need to have this service available and installed, I suggest
the using the DUCKDNS form the ADD_ON store in your HASSIO config.  Once
you can access HASSIO from the internet, HA_Link is the name of your
server without the domain part.  As an example, my server may be reached
by typing *https://helloworld.duckdns.org* my HA_Link value would then
be *helloworld*.

2b. HA_API_Password is the password you created (or should have created)
to access HASSIO.  This can usually be found in your configuration.yaml
file under the http: heading.

The key before you go too far is first to ensure HASSIO is working on
its own and is accessible from the internet.  Until this works, you're
dead in the water as far as voice commands, etc due to cloud service
requirements.  On the Github there is also a troubleshooting document
'*https://github.com/ynot123/LMS_Controls/blob/master/troubleshooting.md*'
(https://github.com/ynot123/LMS_Controls/blob/master/troubleshooting.md)
to help during your setup.

I appreciate any feedback on lack of instructions, clarification
requirements, etc..  Most users to date already had working versions of
HASSIO installed so less setup was required.  Also, I may be offline for
a few days (fishing) but will get back to any requests / questions upon
my return.

Cheers, Ynot.