ynot1234567890 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Yes the hostname (myserver) in your case.  The http:// part is not
> required. It could even be the ip address if you prefer.  The CLI port
> number which unless you changed something should be 9090.  It's a
> different port than the web interface port 9000.  The Command Line
> Interface Port (CLI) that responds to requests is set to 9090 by
> default.  You can confirm this by choosing settings, advanced and
> selecting command line interface on the LMS web app.  It will show you
> the CLI port number for your installation.
>
> 2a. For the system to work it needs to be reachable from the internet.
> Most HASSIO users use a free service called duckdns.org to keep track of
> their ip and route the internet requests to the hassio service.  So
> first you need to have this service available and installed, I suggest
> the using the DUCKDNS form the ADD_ON store in your HASSIO config.  Once
> you can access HASSIO from the internet, HA_Link is the name of your
> server without the domain part.  As an example, my server may be reached
> by typing *https://helloworld.duckdns.org* my HA_Link value would then
> be *helloworld*.
>
> 2b. HA_API_Password is the password you created (or should have created)
> to access HASSIO.  This can usually be found in your configuration.yaml
> file under the http: heading.
>
> The key before you go too far is first to ensure HASSIO is working on
> its own and is accessible from the internet.  Until this works, you're
> dead in the water as far as voice commands, etc due to cloud service
> requirements.  On the Github there is also a troubleshooting document
> '*https://github.com/ynot123/LMS_Controls/blob/master/troubleshooting.md*'
> (https://github.com/ynot123/LMS_Controls/blob/master/troubleshooting.md)
> to help during your setup.
>
> I appreciate any feedback on lack of instructions, clarification
> requirements, etc..  Most users to date already had working versions of
> HASSIO installed so less setup was required.  Also, I may be offline for
> a few days (fishing) but will get back to any requests / questions upon
> my return.
>
> Cheers, Ynot.

1.  I figured you meant hostname/ip but the term "path" confused me.
Probably better to use the term "hostname".

2a.  That is sorta what I was expecting you to say.  I already have a
dynamic dns service I use to make my home server accessible from the
internet.  Since the home server is getting the standard http and https
ports forwarded to it, I guess I'll need to use a non-standard port id
for Home Assistant API.  So I'll have something like
https://rgdawson.homeserver.com:9443/api/states/sensor.art_ID?api_password=HA_API_Password.
And I'll set my router up to forward port 9443 to the Home Assistant
R-Pi.  I think I need to configure the Home Assistant  API to use a
different port somewhere.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X