rgdawson wrote:
> 1.  I figured you meant hostname/ip but the term "path" confused me.
> Probably better to use the term "hostname".
>
> 2a.  That is sorta what I was expecting you to say.  I already have a
> dynamic dns service I use to make my home server accessible from the
> internet.  Since the home server is getting the standard http and https
> ports forwarded to it, I guess I'll need to use a non-standard port id
> for Home Assistant API.  So I'll have something like
> "https://rgdawson.homeserver.com:9443/api/states/sensor.art_ID?api_password=HA_API_Password";.
> And I'll set my router up to forward port 9443 to the Home Assistant
> R-Pi.  I think I need to configure the Home Assistant  API to use a
> different port somewhere.
>
> R Greg Dawson

1.  I will clean up the documentation to reflect hostname.
2.  Alternate ports should work as well, the shell scripts and
configuration.yaml files will need to be updated to reflect this fact.
3.  I find the easiest way is to ensure the HA instance is working
properly first over the internet using https: links before tackling the
LMS and Dialogflow portions.  There is a fair bit of documentation
available in securing HA and the use of SSL and alternate ports.

Ynot