SangSomBucket wrote:
> I copied *persist.db* to my desktop because I was unable to open it on
> my NAS using DB Browser on my computer, wonder why that was? I even
> tried shutting my *LMS* down before attempting again but still didn't
> work.
Likely to be related to how you access your NAS (i.e. how you mount the
share on your computer). Many protocols (like SMB aka "Windows Shares")
handle file ownership and permissions badly, and suffer from other
issues as well (file locking etc.)
Also keep in mind that the owner of the file on your NAS is not the same
as on the shared drive and not the same as on your computer. Access
permissions will be influenced by any combination of those.

Related:
Roland0 wrote:

> You should generally be careful to keep the original owner and
> permissions of the persist.db database file (which may be lost / changed
> when you transfer the file, you'd have to fix this as a last step on the
> NAS directly, unless your transfer SW can to this)
> A failure to do so will definitely lead to problems.

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | Playlist
Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce |
EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...