nyindieguy wrote:
> Yes, it worked this time. Testing whether it actually works is difficult
> since I have to use one of my playlists and wait for it to skip a song
> that is in the list to skip. From one test it seems that it is not
> working. I played a custom playlist that I created in SQLPLaylist that
> randomized songs from a particular year, knowing that at least one song
> from that year was on the "skip" list, and let it play until that song
> actually came up on the list (hoping it would skip it), but it went
> ahead and played.
>
> Sorry if I'm being a pain in the neck. I would gladly contribute
> something to support your efforts.
I have good & bad news. The good news is that testing showed that the
revised CustomSkip version 2.5.85 works as expected. The bad news is
that I don't know why it doesn't work for you.
I've created a dynamic playlist with SQLPlayList ('-Random playlist
songs - Random songs from a saved playlist-'), then created a filter set
('-Test-') that skip songs with years equal to or greater than the
selected year. And it works.

To help you find the cause maybe some information on how CustomSkip
works might be useful:

In CS you can choose 1 *active* filter (set) for each client (let's call
it *primary* filter). If global skipping is enabled (as it should be) it
will -always- filter unwanted tracks. I do that for tracks < 90 seconds
and tracks with 'never' in comment tag.

When you choose a CustomSkip filter (set) in -SQLPlayList-, it's a
*secondary* filter. It's enabled when a dynamic playlist is started and
disabled when the dynamic playlist is stopped.

A dynamic playlist is also stopped when DPL can't find any more tracks
to add (matching your search criteria) meaning it will disable the
secondary filter this very moment (I haven't changed that) because DPL
has stopped and is not involved any longer. Therefore no more secondary
filtering even if the current client playlist still has some remaining
tracks to play. And if those remaining tracks include tracks that should
be filtered by the secondary filter, they won't be because DPL has
disabled the secondary filter before exiting.

You can verify if a dynamic playlist is active if you check "Show name
of active playlist in main menu" in DPL settings and then enter the DPL
menu from the home menu. If a dynamic playlist is active it will show
its name on top. But it's -not dynamically updated-, you need to reenter
this menu to verify again after a song change. It wasn't designed for
debugging.

If the criteria for your static saved playlists return too few matches
too soon then secondary filtering will not work great for you I guess.
If you don't want to deal with SQLite and custom dynamic playlists maybe
use constant filtering (primary filter) instead. I've attached a
screenshot of my test setup so you can recreate it.

BTW please note that I've pulled DPLv3+ from the LMS main repo. If you
want to keep using it please follow the instructions on the github page
(adding repo url).
Good news: you can now easily switch back to DPLv2 and CustomSkip 2.5.83
if you want to.
I'm really sorry but that's really all I can do now in my limited time.

35985

|Filename: sc1.jpg                                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35985|

'*github repos*' (https://github.com/AF-1/)