nyindieguy wrote:
> Thanks once again for your patient explanation. After more
> experimentation, it is clear that the filter only works if it is applied
> to all playlists. I know you are done with this and completely respect
> that.
>
> I'm going to put this out there in the hope that someone else decides to
> tinker with CustomSkip and fix this one remaining issue. In order to
> frame why this an issue (at least for me), I'll offer up an example. If
> the setting for CustomSkip is to apply to ALL playlists, it applies to
> EVERYTHING, including just playing an entire album. So my example is if
> I want to play The Beatles "White Album," i actually do want it to
> include "Revolution #9." But I have that song in my Skip list so that it
> never plays in a random playlist. So, right now I have to make a choice
> between those two outcomes. In the old version, CustomSkip could be set
> to only apply to lists played through Dynamic Playlists.
>
> I know I have the option of going back to the old versions of both
> plugins, but I love the new functionality in afriend's updated DPL.
>
> Wondering out loud if anyone else out there has this issue, and if
> someone would be willing to help solve it.
>
> Thanks for hearing me out.

Maybe I misunderstood or you. To use your example try this:

in the web UI home menu, go to CS and create *2 different filter
_sets_*.
- Leave the *first* filter *set* empty or at least *don't* include a
rule to skip "Revolution #9".
- In the *second* filter *set* do *enable* filtering for "Revolution
#9".
- Then on that very same screen (home menu > CustomSkip) *click on the
_first_ filter -set-* to make it your *primary/default filter set*
(=always on, filtering on all playlists). The name of the active primary
filter set should be displayed at the top: *Active filter set:...*

Then *in your SQLPlayList playlist* choose the *_second[/_B](!) filter
set (that should filter "Revolution #9") and save it.

Testing:

- add "White Album" to your client playlist ([B]without DPL, no dynamic
playlist*) and slowly skip forward to "Revolution #9." and see if it's
skipped. It shouldn't be because the primary filter doesn't have a rule
for this and the secondary filter set is not enabled.

- then start your dynamic playlist that includes the "White Album". Now
"Revolution #9." should be skipped - as long as DPL is active - because
DPL/SQLPlayList enabled the secondary filter set when you started your
dynamic playlist.

Make sure all settings apply to the same client because -some CS
settings like active primary filter set are client-specific-.

BTW when I tested this it didn't filter on -all- playlist (despite the
pref setting which might be deprecated, not certain it still has any
effect).
*Distinguishing between -secondary- and -primary- filter seems more
important* to me than this pref setting. Works here, no idea why it
doesn't for you. Good luck.

'*github repos*' (https://github.com/AF-1/)