I think funkstar didn't mean that the wiki is clear enough as it is, but
that if it is not clear enough (which is the case since you didn't find
the information you wanted, and I also have some difficulties
understanding some of it) the solution is NOT to add stickies on the
forum, but to improve the wiki itself.

The content would be exactly the same, but instead of being a sticky on
the forum it would be an article on the wiki (in the beginner's guides
for exemple), with at least 2 advantages :
-The wiki serves as the main source of documentation, so it's better if
everything is on there, instead of spread between the wiki and the
forum.
-It can be updated later on by anyone, even if the original poster is
not around anymore.

By the way, what's your problem with installing 3rd party plug-ins ?
Maybe we can help you out while we wait for someone to write a guide
;-) (I'd do it but I'm pretty new here so I might get things wrong)

--
BlueScreenJunky