danco;475946 Wrote:
> I'm probably doing something stupid, or misunderstanding something. If
> so, I need advice. If it's not my issue, then there's a bug.
>
> Running Squeezebox Server 7.4.1, Mac OS 10.6.1. I have installed
> SvrPowerControl 20091020, and stopped and restarted the server.
>
> SvrPowerControl shows up, and when I go to the settings page the four
> Custom Commands show up (thanks for that). I enter a label, and a path
> to a file. I click Apply, and get told "changes have been saved".
>
> However the new page shows the Custom Command item as empty, whereas I
> would expect it would show the item I have just entered. Also, if I
> click on an item that shows menu entries, the new item is not listed,
> which I think it should be.
>
> A couple of possibilities occur to me. First, that though everything
> has been saved ok, I need to restart the server to show it. But this
> sin't the usual behaviour qith a change of settings.
>
> Second, that the command I have set is a shell script that works ok
> when double-clicked, but does not have the extension .sh
>
> Let me know what should be going on.This is still a very experimental feature
> and I'm sure there are kinks
yet to be ironed out. If you've installed the 20091020 version over a
previous one, you may have to click on the 'Restore defaults' link on
the SrvrPowerCtrl settings page in order for these new prefs to become
'sticky'.  Please remember to make note of any of your settings that
you've tweaked before you do this as you'll need to enter all those
modifications again.

Can you post your script and the exact label & command you're entering
into the settings?  I'll give them a try.

--
gharris999