>Try using the task manager or the sysinternals process explorer to make
>sure there are no spurious SCPowerTool.exe instances hanging around in
>the background.

I'd already checked if it was something to do with my use of WOSB.exe for alarm
wakeup, and found a few old exe's lying around.  I assume this is because SBS
starts a cmd to execute WOSB in the background, and then WOSB will wait around
until the alarm time, so after that time the WOSB process will disappear.
However, if I suspend/resume several times, I get several sitting around
waiting.

I killed all of those processes - didn't make any difference.

I checked for SCPowerTool processes and didn't have any.

I tried scpowertool --suspend again, and found that this also waked up after
about 30 secs.  I think it must be the same issue, but because hibernation
takes some time to shut down it then immediately wakes up, whereas suspend is
very quick.

>How about the sysinternals psshutdown.exe utility?  Does psshutdown.exe
>-h keep your system hibernated?

No, that does the same :-(

>What version of windows are you using?
Windows XP Pro.