erland;557818 Wrote:
> Ok, this particular problem sounds like a Screen Switcher problem, I
> assume you are using the latest version of Screen Switcher ?
> I fixed some issue regarding the Image Viewer screen savers a few weeks
> ago.
> What version does it indicate in the Settings > Advanced > Applet
> Installer menu ?
I am using Screen Switcher 1.1.3202.

> I also assume that you have tried to use the "Image Viewer" as a
> standard screen saver by selecting it directly inside:
> Settings > Screen > Screensavers > When Off >

Until just now I had only used Picture Gallery to displays pictures,
because it displays pictures from the computer where the SB server is
running.  Image Viewer requires that the pictures be stored on a
webserver or on a USB device (or memory card).  At least that is how I
understand it.  I was trying to use pictures from the computer.

To test, I just plugged in a USB drive and Image Viewer displays the
pictures from that device.  Screen Switcher also works properly with
Image Viewer when the USB device is plugged in.

> If it doesn't work as a standard screen saver it won't work within
> Screen Switcher.
>

> As long as you don't see any Picture Gallery favorites in the following
> menu, it's a Picture Gallery or firmware/SBS problem, it's then better
> to discuss it in the Picture Gallery thread:
> Settings > Screen > Screensavers > When Off >

That is exactly the problem.  I have no way to see the photos that
Picture Gallery would retrieve/send from the SB server if I choose that
route.  Picture Gallery only works if I go to Extras > Picture Gallery.

> If you see them in the above menu but not in the following menu it's
> some Screen Switcher problem and should be discussed in this thread:
> Settings > Screen > Screensavers > Screen Switcher Settings > When Off
> #1 > Screen 1 >

With the USB device plugged in, Screen Switcher and Image Viewer work
as they should.  Just apparently no way to have Screen Switcher and
Picture Gallery talk to each other.

I suspect that I have to live with that, at least for now.  Thanks.

Bernie

--
Bernie33