gharris999;594173 Wrote:
> mrw and other Mac users: If you would care to try the latest version of
> ReallyPreventStandby, I've got the OSX prevent sleep app working.  The
> app is:
>
> ReallyPreventStandby/bin/mac/sleep-inhibit

That looks very neat. So I have to try it.

The ppc binary would not run on my 10.5 ppc system. So I recompiled
here and obtained a working  (universal) binary which does run. I'll
try it out.
I puzzled for a minute over the "cookie file" - I was assuming that
providing no arguments to the tool would provide a help missive, not a
default action.

It's worth remarking that this will never run on 10.4 or earlier
because the requisite system call only becomes available on 10.5.
(Apparently).
So the SleepWatcher approach may yet have legs for Tiger/Panther
systems.
I will run it on 10.4 to see what happens.

For reference, the error message:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _fopen$UNIX2003
Referenced from:
/Users/martinwilliams/Desktop/ReallyPreventStandby/bin/mac/./sleep-inhibit.ppc
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

and the minimal changes that I made to get a working binary (XCode
3.14):

Changed Base SDK from Mac OSX 10.6 to Mac OSX 10.5 (project settings -
all configurations)
Changed the IOKit.framework to point at my system provided framework.
(Perhaps you installed an update ?)
Gave effect to a  __TIMESTAMP__ macro in main.c as follows:

Code:
--------------------
    #ifndef __TIMESTAMP__
  #define VERSION_TIMESTAMP __DATE__" "__TIME__"\x0"
  #else
  #define VERSION_TIMESTAMP __TIMESTAMP__
  #endif

In DispVersion - replaced __TIMESTAMP__ with VERSION_TIMESTAMP.
I don't know why I am not picking up a predeclared __TIMESTAMP__ macro,
perhaps it is not in XCode 3.14.

--
mrw