Hi All,

I can't get my SB3 to connect to the helper app. I'll post a summary of
my investigation so far in the hope someone might be able to help or
suggest other ways to further debug/investigate the problem.

I have a Win 7 machine running LMS with Triode's spotify plugin
connected to my Spotify Premium account. This machine has two physical
NICs, a wireless which connects via DHCP to a wireless broadband router
for internet connection etc and the second NIC is a wired ethernet
connection which is cabled directly to the SB3. The SB3 and the wired
NIC in the Win 7 machine are set up with static IP addresses to connect
to each other.

I've neverused mysqueezebox.com before (only ever played music locally
stored on the machine LMS is running on). But I  notice now that I've
run into problem's with Triodes' spotify plugin that I also can't
connect to mysqueezebox.com with the SB3, so maybe it might be the same
problem causing the SB3 not to be able to connect to the Helper app in
Triodes' plugin?

This is the current setup:

Wireless Broadband Router 192.168.1.1

Win 7 Machine running LMS name: Donnie

Wireless NIC IP address: 192.168.1.253 (Obtained automatically via DHCP
from router)
Subnet mask: Obtained  automatically from router
Default Gateway: Obtained automatically from router

Wired Ethernet NIC IP address: 192.168.2.11 (Set statically)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 (Set statically)
Default Gateway: Blank
Preferred DNS: 192.168.1.1 (i.e. the router above)

SB 3 Ethernet NIC IP address: 192.168.2.10 (Set statically)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
Preferred DNS: 192.168.2.11 (i.e. the wired NIC in the Win 7 machine
above)

LMS Server IP address set statically to 192.168.2.11 (i.e. the wired NIC
above)

I don't know much about networking and this worked for simply playing
music stored locally on the server running LMS on the SB3. Can someone
say if I should set things up differently (while wishing to maintain the
wired connection between the SB3 and the LMS machine)?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give!