JohnHansen wrote:
> I just updated the Spotify plugin to 2.2.10 (from 2.2.7). I have LMS
> 7.7.2 from Squeezeplug on a Goflex Net.
>
> I noticed that when browsing certain artists in Spotify the Spotifyd
> process spins into using much memory! It actually slows down the whole
> server and you need to kill the spotifyd process to continue. More
> spefically I have problems Browsing Top 10 Tracks for for instance
> Rihanna. It times out eventually. Other artists seems to be ok, others
> again just seem to take a long a time? After browsing I can see that the
> spotifyd typically uses around 40-50% of the memory of the 128 Kb on the
> Goflex net and that seems to be a lot?

Looking back in the thread, it seems that others have reported similar
behavior before. For instance, here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?79706-Announce-Spotify-Premium-Plugin-(Beta)&p=726857&viewfull=1#post726857
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?79706-Announce-Spotify-Premium-Plugin-(Beta)&p=719685&highlight=#post719685

It seems very reproducible looking at

Rihanna -> Top 10 Tracks

I just reproduced on my Pi that was installed from scratch using the
latest squeezeplug v 6, LMS version 7.7.2 and spotifyd version 2.2.10.

Having looked at it earlier: did you ever come to the bottom of this
issue? Or is it "just" the process of finding top 10 that takes some
time so it times out? Does it receive a lot of data since it uses a
considerable amount of memory and CPU?