JohnHansen wrote:
> Looking back in the thread, it seems that others have reported similar
> behavior before. For instance, here:
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?79706-Announce-Spotify-Premium-Plugin-(Beta)&p=726857&viewfull=1#post726857
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?79706-Announce-Spotify-Premium-Plugin-(Beta)&p=719685&highlight=#post719685
>
> It seems very reproducible looking at
>
> Rihanna -> Top 10 Tracks
>
> I just reproduced on my Pi that was installed from scratch using the
> latest squeezeplug v 6, LMS version 7.7.2 and spotifyd version 2.2.10.
>
> Having looked at it earlier: did you ever come to the bottom of this
> issue? Or is it "just" the process of finding top 10 that takes some
> time so it times out? Does it receive a lot of data since it uses a
> considerable amount of memory and CPU?

I believe this is probably due to the way it is implemented at present
and the api calls used - essentially it gets all artist tracks and then
sorts them at the last minute.  I don't have the ability to just ask for
just the top tracks from spotify with the api version I am using.  This
means it probably quite a bit of work to do and hence high cpu impact.
I'll put it on the list to look at..