mherger wrote:
> > Would I be able to manually edit a recipe so it returned a greater
> > number of tracks and use this? (I haven't looked at the Echonest API
> in
> > detail to see what is possible...)
>
> As explained by Roland0 you can't have more than five new tracks at
> once.
> But there's an undocumented preference you could set to increase the
> number of tracks to be kept in the playlist. 'oldtracks' defaults to 3,
>
> which means that all tracks but the three most recently been played are
>
> removed from the playlist. You could set this value manually to
> something
> larger, then apply the "next" trick to get more tracks in your queue.
> Awkward, but possible.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Thanks, I'll look into this.  The option to keep more old tracks in the
queue would also work for me. One reason is simply to have a record of
what has been played so if I really like the mix, I can save it and
listen to it again.  Or save and manually edit the playlist to include
or exclude a few tracks. Also when a mix is playing in the background
and I hear something I like, I don't need to check the display or UI
there and then to find out what the track is, as the track listing would
be retained for longer.