chaug wrote:
> So you are saying that it I can go ahead and edit the XML file in Excel,
> save it and import it in Trackstat? Great! But since this will be a
> couple of hours of work (i.e. deleting about 56000 duplicates), I'd like
> to make sure first that TrachStat is not going to then start producing
> duplicates again. It seems to me that it is currently doing so every
> night (or every night it becomes visible in the trackstat backups) since
> the size of these backups is growing steadily every day. Why should that
> behaviour stop once I import the the cleaned backup? I sense I need to
> do something with the plugin too...

If you have musicbrainz tags and is affected by the new behaviour of
musicbrainz tags, you need to disable the "Enable musicbrainz tags"
option in TrackStat settings page.

After this, you should be able to:
1. Shutdown LMS and take a backup of the persist.db and library.db files
in the LMS Cache directory (just as an extra precaution in case
something goes wrong)
2. Start LMS
3. Goto TrackStat settings page to the "Backup/Restore/Clear" section
and click "Remove all data"
4. Specify the full path to the backup file (the one with all the
duplicates) in the "Backup file" field
5. Click "Restore from file"
6. Wait, this can take a few hours in a long library. After the restore
operation is finished you will get a log entry in the LMS server.log
saying that restore operation is finished.

The whole process is described on TrackStat documentation page:
- Clearing data:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/TrackStat_plugin#Issues_with_duplicate_musicbrainz_tags
- Restoring backup:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/TrackStat_plugin#Restore_statistics_after_upgrade.2Freinstall

Finally, just to be clear, you don't need to remove any duplicates from
the backup file, the restore process should make sure it only restores
one of the duplicate entries.
It's important that you disable the "Enable musicbrainz tags" option,
else you are very likely going to get new duplicates again every day.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.