chaug wrote:

> I don't understand how you can say that restore will never remove data
> and then say that it will "overwrite" information. Is overwriting not a
> way of removing?

Sorry for the confusion, just to clarify this:

Let's say you have 4 duplicate records for file1 in the TrackStat
database.
And that you remove all duplicates for file1 in the backup, so you only
have one entry for file1 in the backup file.

Now, if you restore the backup file one of the 4 duplicate records in
the database will be updated during the restore process but there will
still be 4 records in the database. The only way to remove information
from the TrackStat database is to use the "Remove all data" or "Delete
unused statistic" buttons in the TrackStat settings page section
"Backup/Restore/Clear". This behavior is intentional to minimize risk
that a user accidentally do something that delete TrackStat data.

chaug wrote:

> I just wanted to update my analysis of the XML file in case anyone ever
> wants to do the same.

Thanks, I'll get back to you after I've looked at your database file,
will need some time to prepare an environment where I can load them but
I'll try to get the time to do it sometime later this week or early next
week.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.