[Jack]
The priest's expression drops at the news. The girl missing too? Why on
earth would the press leave something like that out? The families request?
Or the police? "Oh, um, ah... Well, if you don't mind me asking, did she
vanish at the same time as her mother, or afterward?"
Jack puts a hand on the womans shoulder, knowing he was digging into
difficult territory. "I am sorry for your loss my lady. I assume you were
close to them both? Is there anything, anything at all that I can do? What
about a cup of tea? How about you show me to the kitchen, and I put the
kettle on?" He smiles at her reassuringly.
Marcy:
"Yes," Marcy replied nervously. "Yes, that might be nice." She led him
inside and showed him where the kettle and tea were located, then sat down
at the kitchen table. "Actually, that's the odd thing Father. Alyssa
disappeared first. I went up to wake her and she was gone. Ms. Wells was
still here then, but by the time the police arrived she was gone too. No
note or anything." She shook her head. "I've been working here since the
girl was just a baby. Such a sweet child...but rather ill of late. She did
like your church though," she added with a smile. "Ms. Wells didn't hold
much stock in religion, but that little girl she had real faith, the likes
of which only children can have."