[Jack]

    Being a bachelor, Jack knew his way around a kitchen - He had to, kind
of like learning to swim by being thrown in at the deep end.  If he didn't
learn his way around, he would have probably starved within a few weeks of
leaving home.

    He listened to the woman as he made the pair of them a cup of tea, and
placed the sugar bowl near to her, and sat down opposite her.  "Well, I am
glad that she enjoyed coming to church.  I try not to make my sermons as
dull as some I have attended, and it seems to work."  Jack sips the hot tea,
trying to sift through his thoughts and questions.  "Tell me, and I don't
doubt the police have asked this several times, but do you remember anything
odd?  Anything at all?  You say the child vanished first, but what about her
mother?  Would you say she went for her?"

    Jack shaked his head inwardly to himself.  He wasn't a detective, he was
a priest that probably seemed more like a nosey parker than someone trying
to help.  Who knows, maybe the woman would feel better talking to someone
that wasn't a policeman.

Marcy:
"That's just it," Marcy said shaking her head.  "i honestly dont' know.  I
put Ajyssa to bed and when I went to check on her she was gone.  We searched
the entire house and garden.  When there was no sign of her, I called the
police.  Ms. Wells left shortly after that, but she didn't tell me she was
going anywhere.  I don't know it worries me so.  She was just to pieces
about the child."

Reply via email to